We are excited to reopen some of our facilities on May 18, 2020. We want to keep you as members safe and protected so we are following strict guidelines based on guidelines issued by the state of West Virginia. We are reopening in phases.
YMCA OF HUNTINGTON REOPENING GUIDELINES
Phase 3 – May 30th
Indoor Pools open
Phase 2- May 26th
Fitness Classes Resume
YMCA Phase 1 Changes in Our Facilities
· Fitness Centers, Weight Rooms and Walking Tracks at May Building and Phil Cline Building will open in Phase One.
· May Building will open at 5:30 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. (Monday through Friday).
· Closing May Building two hours early M-F will allow staff extra time to deep clean facility.
· Saturday hours will remain 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday hours will remain Noon to 6 p.m.
· Phil Cline Building will operate under normal hours. 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. M-F. Saturday 8 a.m. to Noon and closed Sunday.
· Members must maintain minimum of 6 feet distance from other members and staff.
· Staff wearing masks may be closer to members if they are providing personal training and wearing a mask.
· There will be no group exercise classes or spinning classes in Phase One. Virtual group class instruction is still available online at www.huntingtonymca.org.
· Personal training will continue by appointment.
· No basketball or racquetball under state order but gyms will remain open.
· Locker rooms and showers are closed under state order, but restrooms will remain available for use. Steam rooms and saunas will also remain closed during Phase One.
· Towel service will be available for personal use but towels cannot be used to clean equipment.
· Fitness Center machines with duplicates will have signage closing every other machine to promote physical distancing. Members will need to do their own physical distancing while using Nautilus and Weight Room equipment.
· Men’s massages will be available by appointment only
· Members must wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after working out. Members should disinfect each machine before and after use.
· There will be increased signage throughout the building to encourage physical distancing, hand washing and disinfection of equipment.
· Pools and hot tub will remain closed under state order in Phase One.
· Kid Zone at May Building will be open 8 a.m. to Noon and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. (M-F). Saturday hours will be 8 a.m. to Noon.
· Coffee will not be available during Phase One.
· Any member with a concern should approach staff and not confront other members.
· Kennedy Center Pool will NOT open this year.
· May Building only will be open Memorial Day 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
We will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through our website and social media.