Are you at risk
for type 2 diabetes?
The YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program provides a supportive environment to learn how to adopt healthy habits and reduce your chances of developing this disease.
- Classes led by trained lifestyle coaches certified by the CDC
- 16 weekly sessions, 4 bi-weekly sessions and 6 monthly sessions
- Work with others in a small group setting
Classes Begin October 2021
Join in-person or virtually.
Member Rate: $40
Non-Member Rate: $75
Give us a Call to Learn More: 304.525.8127
Free Healthy Food For Every Participant!
- Individual services from a registered dietitian and exercise professionals
- Baseline assessments with monthly follow ups
- Personal training
- Cooking Classes
You will set goals for:
- Losing weight
- Increasing physical activity
- Embracing healthy eating habits
National Institute of Health research proves that programs like the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program can reduce the number of cases of type 2 diabetes by almost 60%.
The YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program is part of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention- led National Diabetes Prevention Program and is nationally supported by the Diabetes Prevention and Control Alliance.