Building strong futures.
Child Care at the Huntington YMCA
helping children develop to their fullest potential.
The Phil Cline Family Y Child Care Program mission is to help children develop to their fullest potential focusing on self-awareness, confidence, feeling of self-worth through a variety of programs.
The teachers will work on the development of interpersonal relationships while exploring with the children their feelings and how to develop conflict resolution skills. The Child Care Program works with each child on the development of values that are the core of the Y and each participant in our programs (honesty, respect, responsibility and caring).
These skills are taught through discussion, interaction, and the programs they participate in each day.
Phil Cline Family Y Child Care Program
This is accomplished by having cooking projects, reviewing the food guide pyramid, having nutritional discussions at meal and snack time, and through daily physical activities that emphasis lifetime exercises and sports.
The Pre-School and Child Care Program have educational components to help each child develop their skills in reading, writing, and math. The school-age After School Program has time scheduled for each child to do their homework with assistance from our teachers.
This program is provided to allow parents more time to spend with their child communicating and interacting at home, knowing their homework has been thoroughly covered.
School-Age Children can be picked up at their school and brought back to Phil Cline Family Y for supervised, child care program (only available for intercity schools and must check with Child Care Center).
Y Child Care Teachers attend local and state training sessions covering a variety of important issues and programs throughout the year.
Background checks are done on all staff associated with the Phil Cline Family Y Child Care Program.
Nutritional snacks and lunch are provided daily for all child care participants.
Located at: the Phil Cline Family Y | 917 9th Street
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday – 7:00am-5:30pm
Ages: 1 to 12 years of age
For more information contact us at 697-7113.
|COST OF SERVICES|
|Toddler Full Time||4–5 days||$130/week|
|Toddler Part Time||1–3 days||$110/week|
|Preschool Full Time||4 days||$105/week|
|Preschool Part Time||1–3 days||$85/week|
|After School Full Time||4–5 days||$65/week|
|After School Part Time||1–3 days||$55/week|
|Summer Camp Full Time||4–5 days||$105/week|
|Summer Camp Part Time||1–3 days||$85/week|
|School Closed Days||$10/day|
|Snow Days / Faculty Senate Days||$10/day|
|Drop-in Rate||Must be approved by Child Care Director. Only one per month.||$40/day|
- Free to May Building Members.
- Must be a May Building member to use service.
- Age 3 months to 12 years of age are accepted.
- All infants must have immunization shots and immunizations should be current with all children.
- Sick children cannot use the Kids Zone (see Medical Exclusions below).
- Parents should inform the Kids Zone attendants of any allergies.
- Please bring diapers and bottles with children.
- Snacks containing peanuts are prohibited due to the number of children allergic to them.
- We provide snacks to the children.
- We do not recommend you bring any school supplies (pencils, crayons, books, etc.) in the Kids Zone with children.
- Parents will be called if child becomes ill, cannot adjust, or cries continuously.
- Please limit your child’s time in the Kids Zone to 2 1/2 hours each day
- You may use the Kids Zone while running in the park or participating in activities at our youth building.
- The nursery, however, is not to be used for shopping, errands, and non-Y related activities. Parents must inform staff of where they will be while children are in the nursery and leaves a phone number where they can be reached.
KIDS ZONE HOURS
Monday – Friday – 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Saturday – 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Sunday – Closed
- Fever greater than 100 degrees in the previous 24 hours
- Evidence of a communicable respiratory disease: i.e.: cold, sore throat, cough, severe runny nose
- Vomiting or diarrhea current or in previous 24-hour period
- Pink eye or conjunctivitis until treated by physician/antibiotics for at least 48 hours
- Strep throat until treated for 48 hours with appropriate antibiotics
Parents Night Out
Free of charge for Huntington Y May Building Family Members only
Limited enrollment | Well-supervised program for children ages 3 months to 12 years
Registration is first-come, first-served basis
PARENTS NIGHT OUT POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
- Children must be on the family’s membership.
- Parents can only register their own children.
- Registration is limited to once a month.
- Members utilizing this service must complete and sign a release form.
- At least one emergency contact number, other than the parent, must be provided.
- Children must be picked up by 9:00 pm.
- Crafts, games, pool, and snacks are provided for this service.
- All other Kid Zone policies and regulations apply.
- Children ages 5-12 are permitted in the pool.
Please contact Latisha Rowsey (304) 525-8127, ext 116 for information or to register.